What is GalvinClear®?
GalvinClear® is Galvin Engineering’s new Lead-Free technology that is being used in our innovative signature range of quality lead-free manufactured commercial taps and fixtures.
GalvinClear® = Lead Free Technology.
Why did we develop GalvinClear®?
Whilst our traditional commercial taps are manufactured from high quality DZR brass, meet strict Australian Standards, and are totally safe for potable water, we are offering our customers a greater level of choice due to the demand for lead free taps in the community.
GalvinClear® = Engineered to give you more choice.
Are GalvinClear® products approved in Australia and New Zealand?
Like with our traditional taps, our GalvinClear® taps are tested to ‘AS/NZS 4020:2005 – Testing of products for use in contact with drinking water’, prior to obtaining WaterMark certification. In addition, our products go through very thorough inhouse testing in the Galvin Eng Lab and rigorous infield testing, to ensure they perform at the highest standards as required in commercial applications.
GalvinClear® = Quality + Safety.
What do we mean by lead free?
As ‘lead free’ is not currently defined by law in Australia and New Zealand, we have based our definition on s1417 of the USA’s Safe Drinking Water Act (SDWA) and the relevant US standards NSF61 / NSF372. The SDWA defines ‘lead free’ as “not more than a weighted average of 0.25% lead when used with respect to the wetted surface of pipes, pipe fittings, plumbing fittings and fixtures”.
What are GalvinClear® products made of?
GalvinClear® products are both lead free per the above definition, but also made from the material we believe is most suitable for the commercial applications they are most used in.
GalvinClear® products are designed to minimise the volume of water that physically touches a metallic surface, via the use of other materials like approved plastics or polymers.
In addition, all metallic materials used are listed on the European Standard ‘4MS Common Approach’, which ensures they met the strict German Drinking Water Guidelines.
Depending on the commercial application, we are currently using several metallic materials:
- 316 Stainless Steel
- Approved to 4MS
- Ideal for external environments like schools and parks, and for the corrosive salty conditions found near beaches
- DZR Brass with ≤ 0.2% lead
- Approved to 4MS
- Ideal for applications using warm water systems such as in large health or custodial facilities
Do GalvinClear® taps costs more than traditional taps?
GalvinClear® will cost a bit more than traditional taps. This is due to the extra design features and the intricate manufacturing process required. However, as Galvin Engineering taps are made to last for a very long time, the additional annual cost is very modest, especially when you consider the added safety aspect of GalvinClear® and the product features.
Where can I buy GalvinClear® products?
GalvinClear® products are available from respected quality plumbing supply merchants around Australia and New Zealand. Call us for your closest stockist.
What GalvinClear® products are available?
We have just released the range of Ezy-Drink® GalvinClear® 316 Stainless Steel Drinking Bubbler Taps which are ideal for schools and public areas. Here are some product facts about these new bubblers:
- Available in manual push button or electronic piezo button versions.
- The electronic version has a special safety feature which allows stagnant water to be purged from the tap at pre-determined intervals. This reduces the amount of metals that may leach into the water from the plumbing system and can assist in minimising the growth of bacteria such as Legionella.
- Made from high grade 316 stainless steel.
- Have a 6 Star Water Efficiency Rating.
- Approved to ‘AS/NZS 3718:2005 – Water Supply – Tap Ware’ and therefore comply with the AS/NZS 4020.
- 316 stainless steel guarantees endurance against the corrosive effects of salt water and other harsh environmental conditions, making it ideal for beachside amenities, surf clubs and boating facilities.
- Feature an exquisite satin finish - stylish and functional.
- Ultra-durable and resistant to vandalism.
- They incorporate an adjustable flow control valve - which means the taps can be adjusted on-site to ensure water is delivered at the proper height and water volume for easy drinking.
- Fitted with a UV and bacteria resistant rubber mouthguard that has been specially designed to protect teeth, which is ideal for school children and those who need a quick drink on the run.
- You can learn more about the electronic piezo button version of our Ezy-Drink® GalvinClear® 316 Stainless Steel Drinking Bubbler Tap by watching Chris Galvin demonstrate how it works below: